Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Family Fun: Relaxation at its finest (minus the crashing waves of the sea)

Talk about relaxing! Tim and I are reclined in our zero gravity chairs, cuddled in blankets and sweatshirts, watching the fire snap, crackle, and pop, listening to the crickets and frogs, and enjoying sweet "couple" conversations. (Well, we were until we picked up our iPads). It's a crisp 63 degrees... practically unheard of for a July night in Arkansas where the summers are hot and humid. The fire warms us as it casts a flickering glow across each other's face. The only other light is the ambient glow of the lanterns hanging from our canvas gazebo. The campground is quiet of human traffic. Peacefulness is bliss!


Although I didn't get my morning hike today, I feel good from the workout I got yesterday. This morning we had to load up and drive home to take Brantley to school. He only goes 2 days a week, and he seems to benefit greatly from every interaction with other kids. So we try to not let him miss days. Luckily we were able to schedule the heat & air guys to come fix our a/c during that time.

We made it back to the campsite this evening. I decided to attempt a different veggie with Brantley tonight since his reaction to avocado was not favorable yesterday. I don't like the idea of feeding him store bought food, but I had some my mother-in-law had given us. So I decided to give carrots a shot.

SUCCESS!!!!!!!
He loved them! He kept trying to steal the spoon from me and shove it in his mouth. It was so cute! 


We got a 4th of July craft sent home from school today. Oh how I treasure these! 


I think I'll attempt our own 4th of July craft with him tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.

IPad is turning off to enjoy some more time with my sweet hubby. Bye for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment