Friday, June 28, 2013

Family Fun: Back to Camping in Full Swing

We set up our camper Tuesday because we were up here for that fishing event, but we headed back home afterward since Brantley was at school. Wednesday we came back up, cleaned it up, did our grocery shopping and all that, and then called it quits for the night. Thursday I had to drive back home to take Brantley to school. He and I came back Thursday night. So today is our first real day of camping for this stint.

It was crazy hot all day. Tim and Brantley stayed in the camper. But I decided to pretend I was back in the '90s and lay out sweating to death in an attempt to get a little color on my skin. After going back in and spending a couple of hours catching up on school work it finally cooled off enough to go back out. We broke out all the decorations and decided to glam up our campsite.


We're camping through the 4th of July weekend, so I got these cute, battery-operated, LED lanterns at Dollar Tree for $1 a piece! I love them! 

I brought our citronella tiki torches from home. I found 3 terra-cotta pots I had once painted a pretty blue color, filled with sand, and stuck the tiki torches in when we had a tropical-themed backyard. Now those pots need to be painted. I planned to paint the red, white, and blue for the holiday, but then I realized we're camping. The worn look is ok. There's no need to spend money on paint just for that.

I found a cute chevron tablecloth at Hobby Lobby for 66% off! Check out their spring and summer items right now! They're crazy cheap!


We strung rope lights and... Voila! Our campsite is decorated! (Just between you and me, I hope to do a few 4th of July crafts before the holiday actually gets here to glam it up a little more).

The rest of the evening I played with Brantley...

While Tim grilled us some steaks!

I rocked Brantley to sleep, and then Tim and I relaxed by the campfire late into the night.

Ah... Camping and the great outdoors! (Or should I say "glamping?")










No comments:

Post a Comment